Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, July 15, 2013

Rina G. Lahar

University of Minnesota - B.Arch '81

What was the most important thing/skill/concept you learned at the School of Architecture?
Researching, combined with my previous studies of practical engineering, equipped me to manage, design, and execute public projects right out of school.

Who made the most lasting impression (most influenced you) and why?
Ralph Rapson and some of my fellow students...but I don't remember names, unfortunately! 

What is your favorite memory from your studio days?
The most wonderful couple, originally from MN. She was an architecture grad student who was supposed to graduate the following year and they helped me with the model for the last project. Again, I wish I could remember their names.

Please identify one (or more) memorable design project that you worked on while a student at the School of Architecture.
A moving library.

Cite an example (be specific) that illustrates how you used the education you received at the School of Architecture to positively impact (or better) your community, city, nation or the world.
Research and respond to the client's needs, communal or private.



No comments :

Post a Comment