Cdes header

College of Design

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Teresa J. Logemann

University of Minnesota - B.A. Arch '11

What was the most important thing/skill/concept you learned at the School of Architecture?
How to take and give criticism.

Who made the most lasting impression (most influenced you) and why?
Professor Rachel Lannacone took the time to get in touch with me after classes and study abroad had ended.

What is your favorite memory from your studio days?
Sophomore year I had to bring my DF2 project with me to our rowing spring training trip in Tennessee. I kept it in a cardboard box in our hotel room. I returned from practice and it was gone. PANIC!!! That was two months of work just g-o-n-e. I searched the bowels of the hotel and a senior on my team helped me dumpster dive for two hours. Failure was not an option. Long story short, with a little perseverance, we found it in a maid closet.

Please identify one (or more) memorable design project that you worked on while a student at the School of Architecture.
In drawing class we expanded on a Piranesi etch. I still have mine displayed in my house and often get compliments.

What major forces (such as individual architects, design philosophies, rendering styles, research methods, etc.) do you remember influencing you significantly as a student?
"Design isn't about symbolism." -my first architecture project critique fall of my freshman year.



No comments :

Post a Comment